According to Article 17 of the Decree no. 167/2013 ND-CP, the penalties for violations of the regulations on exit, entry, transit, residence, and travel can range from VND 100,000 to 40,000,000. Depending on the level of the violation, the violator may be subject to the serious sanction of expulsion from the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and not allowed to re-enter for a definite or indefinite period of time. The violation levels and the sanctions are specifically as follows:
1. Warning or penalty from VND 100,000 to 300,000 for the foreigners traveling in the territory of Vietnam without carrying a passport or having no other legal papers in place of the passport;
2. Penalty ranging from VND 500,000 to 2,000,000: Overstaying for no more than 15 days without permission of a competent authority;
3. Penalty ranging from VND 3,000,000 to 5,000,000: Overstaying for more than 15 days without permission of a competent authority;
4. Penalty ranging from VND 5,000,000 to 10,000,000 for any of the following violations:
- Using fake passports, legal papers in place of passports, visas, temporary/ permanent resident cards, verification seal for exit, entry, transit, or residence.
5. Penalty ranging from VND 15,000,000 to 25,000,000 for any of the following violations:
- Individuals and organizations in Vietnam guaranteed or carried out the procedures for foreigners to enter Vietnam, apply for visas/ temporary resident cards/ temporary residence extension/ valid papers to enter or reside in Vietnam but failed to perform the obligations under the provisions of law or made false statements when carrying out the procedures mentioned above;
- Foreigners entered the country without working for the proper purpose or program as declared in the application for the temporary or permanent resident card.
6. Penalty ranging from VND 30,000,000 to 40,000,000 for one of the following acts: Foreigners residing in Vietnam without permission of the competent authorities; Faking documents to get a passport or other valid papers in place of passport, visa, temporary and permanent resident cards.
Contact us “KHANH AN TRANSLATION – VISA – LEGAL SERVICE CO., LTD” – Free consultancy on all issues